About the course
Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Course (or commonly known as “Property Agent Course”) is a mandatory preparatory programme for aspiring Real Estate Salespersons to undergo
before taking the industry RES Examinations.
Under the new regulatory framework administered by the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA), one of the registration criteria for property agents is that they must pass the CEA’s Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Examination or possess equivalent qualification.
Our academy’s goal is to equip all RES Course participants with the necessary knowledge and get them properly ready for the RES Examination. You shall acquire in-depth understanding on the Rules & Regulations, Updated Policies & Procedures pertaining to Real Estate Agency standard practices. This course curriculum is carefully developed in-line with CEA Examination Syllabus.
(A) RES COURSE Schedule
- Registration will usually open 2 months (60 days) ahead of RES Course Commencement date.
- All RES course participants are expected to achieve min. 75% of class attendance. Failure to do so, they are not qualified to sit for RES Examination. Kindly ensure you are able to meet this requirement prior to signing up for our RES course.
- Additional revision classes are available and fees is applicable.
(B) RES Course Eligibility
All Applicants Must Be:
- Singaporean / Permanent Resident
- At least 21 years old
- Possess any 1 of the following Local Academic Qualifications:
- GCE "O" Level, with min. 4 Credit passes. CEA accepts combined GCE “O” level results taken at not more than 2 sittings.
- Higher NITEC (ITC, CBS, Master NITEC, NTC1)
- GCE “A” Level
- Diploma attained from accepted local Polytechnics only (NYP/ NP/ RP/ SP/ TP).
- Degree or Higher, attained from accepted local Universities only (NTU/ NUS/ SIT/ SMU/ SUSS/ SUTD).
What if I don’t possess any of the above-listed qualifications?
Option (1) Go for a Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Assessment
WPLN Certification is accepted for RES Course Enrolment. Candidate must attain Level 5 and above in the following 5 modules: Reading, Speaking, Listening, Writing and Numeracy.
Option (2) Obtain an approval from CEA for your Private/Overseas Academic Qualification.
Submit your academic qualifications for verification via email@example.com. Applicants are required to attach their academic certificates, transcript, supporting documents and the attached qualification assessment request form in their application.
What do you need to prepare for CEA Educational Qualification Assessment?
- Original Copy of Private/ Overseas Academic Certificate(s) and Transcript(s).
- Completed CEA Verification form
CEA will take about 15 working days to process your application.
(C) Foreigner Who Wish To Enroll
If CEA Licensing’s preliminary assessment outcome on the foreigner applicant is positive, he/she will then be able to proceed to submit their private/ non-local academic qualifications for CEA’s assessment.
During RES Course enrolment, this candidate MUST be able to produce a valid Letter of Support from an Estate Agent.
(D) What To Bring Along For RES Enrolment
- Original Copy of Approved Local Academic Certificate/ Transcript of WPLN Assessment / A copy of CEA Educational Qualification Approval Letter for Private & Overseas Qualification.
- Your SingPass Login is required for SkillsFuture Claim
- A Letter of Support is necessary for Foreigner Applicant
(E) Course Fee & Subsidy
Eligible NTUC Union member could claim 50% of their *unfunded course fee (capped at $250/year). Members are expected to submit their individual claim after course completion, and within 6 months.
UPDATE: Under the newly enhanced UTAP funding, NTUC union members aged 40 years and above will get an increased funding support from $250 to $500. This will apply from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022.
*Unfunded Course fee refers to the Payable Amount after SkillsFuture Subsidy.Download Guide on How to Claim UTAP
(F) RES Examination
NOTE FROM CEA: Due to the high demand for RES examination seats, course participants who have completed the RES course may not get a seat at the RES examination immediately after completing the course.
The RES Examination is the entry level examination for new entrants who wish to practise as salespersons in the real estate industry. With effect from 1st January 2022, CEA has appointed NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd as their RES examination administrator.
NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd
Main Hotline (Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm): 6336 5482
(A) Examination Schedule
For more information, please refer to this set of frequently-asked questions (PDF, 174KB).
(B) Are you eligible to take RES Examination?
- You must complete the RES Course conducted by a CEA Approved Course Provider.
- You must possess the Original Copy of Certificate of RES Course Completion, it is necessary for Exam Registration.
- Certificate of RES Course Completion is only valid for 2 years (from the date of issue), to sit for RES Examination.
- Candidate who are unable to pass BOTH PAPERS within 2-year time frame is required to repeat RES Course & attain a new Certificate of RES Course Completion, if they wish to continue pursuing a RES career.
(C) How to register for RES Examination?
Course Provider DO NOT register RES Examination for any candidate, therefore individual must apply personally.
(D) Examination Fee (Payable to Appointed Exam Administrator)
Paper 1 & Paper 2
SGD 417.30 (inclusive of GST)
Re-takers (Single Paper)
SGD 235.40 (inclusive of GST)
(E) Examination Paper Format
- Section A: 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) – 1 mark each
- Section B: 15 MCQs with reference to one or two Case Studies - 2 marks each
- Section C: 10 Short Answer Questions (SAQs) – 2 marks each
(F) Things to bring for the RES Examination Registration
- Original Copy of Certificate of RES Course Completion
- Original Copy of your Academic Certificate (please produce the Academic Qualification that was used for your RES Course Registration).
- Examination Results Slips within timeframe of 2 years (For Re-takers Only).
- CEA Assessment Letter which is valid for 3 years (For Private/ Overseas Qualification Only).
(G) Examination Result
Exam Administrator will notify candidates of their result via email address, typically 4 – 6 weeks after the examination is held.
(P) - Pass
(F) - Failure
(H) Appeals for review of RES examination results must be submitted to Appointed Examination Administrator (NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd.
(G) Important Notes
Please check the complete list of registration criteria on CEA’s website before registering for the RES course.